Sunday, December 30, 2012

The Advent drawings that never made it



This one was supposed to be the cover for Charlie Darling's Les Christmas de Belsize album, but I don't know what didn't feel alright with it, so I never finished it.


I don't really remember about this one, I think it was another cover trying. There were supposed to be Christmas lights and decorations all around the window, but I missed the night sky, so I did not finish it.



This is a funny one. The first up here was the "remake" for the postcard down here that I made at 13 or 14 years old, I don't know. I tried and I failed. But I think I'll try again, I just don't wanna give up.
I guess I've always loved snowy landscapes...


nah.. did this before the project started and completely forgot about it..


another something I did and forget about


And this one.. well, didn't even know existed till today when I was going through my drawings.. Don't know what it was supposed to be, it was titled "Christmas" though.


I loved this one when I did it, and I still do. Never really finished it but maybe I will. Anyway, you can see that the main idea or this went into the "Readying the Birthday Party" drawing I did. It was supposed to be used for the same reason so I don't think there's anything wrong about it.


Another one. This one was posted on tumblr, but not here. Don't ask why, I wish I knew.


"Yours was broken so I bought you this". I actually did.


First Christmas drawing of the year..


I just don't know. It never got to be more than a sketchbook drawing for no reason at all..


I came with the idea of drawing a Christmas magic ball, and there would be a man over it with a sack filled with snow and a women in the ball with a lovely umbrella.


I posted this on twitter, I think. 


You might guess what this one was for. Another failed idea.. the tree is not decorated, but if I had finished it, it would be.


I don't really know, just some Christmas/winter stuff


Sketch of an idea.. "wanting to reach someone but unable to.. there's only a magic star that they can both share" more or less that was the idea.


I do pay lots of attention in class, you see?


Wanting to bring different christmas traditions together. Here is the Tió, which we celebrate on Christmas, not Santa. We have the Magic Kings instead, and Tió, which is a wonderful thing, you must take care of him the days before Christmas, and then, you hit it so it "shits" you your presents. It doesn't sound really good, but it is!


more Christmas stuff drawn on class..


and more and more.. but this had so many reasons to be made.. Not all are happy times during Christmas days..


..and a little bit of magic too


This, which I don't know if got to be posted anywhere.. well, you know, Christmas and Blueboy..



And this is it.. I love drawing Christmas stuff, but I'm not usually in a merry joyfull mood so sometimes it was hard. But I've really enjoyed this project. Went through many things and now, remembering some of the drawings that didn't made it is kind of nice..

I guess we all doodle and sketch things, no matter which art you are in, and not being finished doesn't mean it's not something important to you..


No comments:

Post a Comment