Monday, March 12, 2012

The kid and his synth


"The RS-09 was banished to a closet and forgotten about for a decade until a twelve year old me happened upon it."


This is part of the lovely text that made me wanna draw this little thing up here. My imagination just started to draw this on my mind (as it always does) while I was reading.. I just thought that I should try and do it, not just imagine it.. and so, I tried.. 
don't misundestand me, I love it. I wasted on it hours and hours, and I just enjoyed every minute, but it's just that it was not really what I had in mind, but maybe that's the point with it, that you are not gonna get exactly what you had in mind, and sometimes it's gonna be better, sometimes it's gonna be worst, but mostly you won't know what was better, what you had in mind, or what you've done.

But going back to the point, this drawing is about a memory, a good one.. maybe it touch me so bad because I really like when memories get mixed up with dreams, and you find yourself unable to know what was real, and what was not, and so, it becomes a lovely memory. You remember it the way you wanna remember it, not just what was going on, but also the senses, the smell, the sound, the light, that combination that makes a memory the way it is for you, and so, it's not like that for anybody else. Isn't it nice? Something that is just for you and for no one else?

Here I leave you a close up of the kid and the synthesizer (a Roland RS-09).


as I've said, I've spent on this one a little bit much more than usual.. so about 2 or 3 days (if I sum up the hours) but I've enjoyed my best with it.. and it made me wanna draw more and more. 

And thanks to Mild Slopes for the lovely text and for the advice (it was really helpful).


It is a lovely night and time for a little rest. Hope you like it.




2 comments:

  1. Love love love it

    Thanks

    Jacobs gramma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh! no problem :) I really, really enjoyed doing it.

      Delete