Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Summer's End




I drawed something for Judith Viorst's poem "Summer's End". Sorry it is an awful photo. (Maybe I'll scan it someday)

I just wanted to try an illustrate a text this way. I was really inspired by Pauline Bayne's work (not only the amazing drawings, but when she used to illustrate cooking books or things like that) so I did this trying to reproduce the last Summer flowers, and the sunflowers are dying (some of them).

I've never really felt completely sad for summer ending, 'cause you know, then comes autumn, and as you might have guessed already, I love autumn. But it is always sad to leave things behind and also, being helpless at keeping the things you love with you. 

You give the best of you, you have the best intentions, but that's still not enough.

Anyway, good end of summer and start of autumn! Here rain has arrived, and with her, a little bit of cool air. I hope finally we'll have some autumn weather!


No comments:

Post a Comment