Sunday, December 23, 2012

Dec 23: Hold You Close To Me



Now wait, wait, wait for me,
please hang around,
 I'll see you when I fall asleep..

Little Talks - Of Monsters and Men

Wanted to use some other lyrics from "Of Montsers and Men", the ones from King and Lionheart that go "And as the world comes to an end, I'll be here to hold your hand, 'cause you're my king and I'm your Lionheart".. because I really like them, but thought that the ones from Little Talks suited much more the picture and the feeling.. just wanted to point that out. I may use those other lyrics for another drawing some other day.. There are so many songs, and I find it too hard to choose, I always feel I'm forgetting about something that would work better.

Today I didn't really felt like drawing, sure I did at morning time, I woke up to such good news and I was really really happy. And people's kind words made me even happier.. but that watered down as the day went by, and though I know I should feel happier than ever, I just can't, for some reason.. though I'm a rollercoaster and maybe for some other stupid reason no one would thought could make me happy, I'll be. I'll just hang on here to see what happens.. and dream of good things to come.

I really love dreaming, I guess, that's why I did this drawing. The little squirrel is dreaming about Christmas, holding too close to it, so maybe it's not Christmas what it's dreaming about, maybe it's something more, the hope for a Christmas miracle, or the joy these days bring. The meeting of some old friends or going back with the family. Maybe it's having lots of good meals! 

I don't know, but it's something really, really strong, something to hold on to so deeply it almost hurts, but is still worth it to hold on to. Dreams can be cruel, but only by dreaming we get to what we really want.

Good night everyone, hope you have sweet, deep dreams, the ones you still remember at morning time and make you feel better.


No comments:

Post a Comment