Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Tea At Sunset


    



... and Girona's Autumn


Sometimes it is hard to find a moment to pause and just enjoy yourself and your surroundings, be quiet, think about the things you like and listen to the sound of the wind while the autumn leaves fall to te grown. Sometimes all you need to do is stop, be quiet and listen for a minute. That's all it takes.

Tea always helps, and much more now that time is getting colder day after day. Have I already said how much I love autumn? haha.
In just two weeks (aprox) it's gonna be "Fires de Sant NarcĂ­s" a fair that's mainly my city's festivity. And it's just so perfect and I love it so much. I could show you how it looks like, but maybe it's better that you imagine it (at least 'till I've taken proper photos of it that I could share here). So it's just all autumn colours, the skies might be of a deep blue or palid grey. Everything is filled with small stalls.
They sell food (which is wonderful!) there are so many things, like: "embotit", cotton candy, candy apples, "panallets",  sweet potatoes, "Xurrus" and obviously roasted chestnuts (because there's  a celebration called "Castanyada" where basically you east roasted chestnuts).


But those stalls sell other things too, cute small things, antiques, clothes, etc.

And everything is lighted up with small lights that shine through the night (and the smoke from the stalls that make the roasted chestnuts). And you can imagine how everything smells, it's so wonderful! And there are activities all day, for children, adults, young adults and teens. There's also night life where you have outdoors live music.

And practically all day there are the main called Fires, a small funfair. There used to be a circus too when I was a child, as well as a puppet show (which I and almost any child who had once gone to see it, loved. We called it "Titelles d'en Guinyol") 
I don't remember much, the only thing I can recall is that we were not very nice with the devil (we never helped him) but that's because you know, he was the bad guy. I think it was almost a tradition betraying him after promising you wouldn't tell where he hides. The thing is that the main character, Guinyol, was not much clever, so he always got hitted by the demon and then the demon accused us of telling him! haha It was really funny. And those are now such precious memories. It's sad I'll never get to see it again. Maybe one day.  

Well, I'm sorry I'm promoting Fires this much, it's just that I really love them, and I wanted to share it somehow. If I could put it all together into something, maybe it would be this:


It's a maple leaf from our trees here, and it's also one of the city's symbols so.. They say that it's easy to fall in love with Girona (actually there are poems and songs about that, and old tales, and new ones and so many things) so I leave here an image of it. Maybe you'll fall too, who knows.


(I don't own any of those two last photos)


No comments:

Post a Comment