Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Not at all a twilight dream





Fleeting glimpses hard to find,
Imagined wonders of lovely kind.
In night times waking in pleasant dreams,
In the moon's gossamer, silver beams.
Fairies dance the night away,
Gone at dawn, in flight of day.

- L. C. Gerstenfeld -


Today I borrowed "Of This And Other Worlds" by C.S. Lewis, and though I've just staretd it, it has already captivated me. Another thing that fascinated me was the book's cover. So I stared using it as a reference to do a quick sketch, and I'm kind of proud of how it turned out to be. 

Then I did a search of the illustration's author, which happened to be Arthur Rackham, and I've completely fallen in love with his work! It's so wonderful, and full of magic! I love his drawing technique (The ink, watered colours, and the light). And he illustrated so many fairy tales, like Peter Pan, Alice in Wonderland or Grimm's tales, among others.



The original piece I used as a reference is "Twilight Dreams" by Arthur Rackham.




No comments:

Post a Comment