Sunday, October 7, 2012

Hiding Under The Golden Leaves






My yard is full of leaves today
Brown and yellow and gold
I think I'll rake them in a pile
Higher than my head

Then I'll pretend it is my bed
I'll jump in very quick
And pile their leaves up over me
For covers soft and thick

I'll just lie there so nice and warm
And look up in the sky
And watch more leaves float down for me
To rake up by and by.
By Marian Kennedy


Sometimes I feel like this, just running away from the world and hiding somewhere in the forest, waiting for some magic to happen and take you far away.

Somewhere there is this place where autumn leaves cover the earth and the sky, and as sun is setting down you can see them glimmering as if they were made of gold.

Been listening to Jens Lekman all the time, I think it has took part in the way it has turned out to be.



1 comment: