Sunday, November 4, 2012

Listening to Searching For Heaven






That song has always made me so sad. I know I try not to bring it too close to my heart nor my life, because I know if I do, if I kind of "open my eyes", I'll completely fall apart. But no matter the trying, it strikes really hard every single time I listen to it (which is pretty often).

Is one of those songs that you should not listen to when you're sad, 'cause they can do more harm than anything else. Even though I love it to the bones and it has a special place in my heart, I feel like this with Searching For Heaven.

I know, I know, Searching For Heaven is not the only one, but today I've found something that's the main reason why I've done this drawing up here.

"The idea that teenage girls are listening to a song like 'Searching for Heaven' is a wonderful thought for me." J.G. (here the whole interview)



And so, the idea of a Teenage girl listening to Searching For Heaven really got me. And I don't know why, really. Maybe as I tend to do, I gave this more meaning than it really has. But it felt stong. 
I don't know how to say it, but it was not something that I'd say I liked like "woaah yeah!" nor something that I disliked at all. It was just there, and it felt tangible, I'd say. And I don't know if I'm even making sense, I'd say no, but that's probably because I don't understand it myself. It just strucked hard, the whole quote, not just the idea. But I don't know..


Well, I don't know if I'm a teenager anymore or what (not literally though). I'd say sometimes. But just as some other times I'm an old lady and some other I'm still a 9 year old child (or less than that) I don't think age has really much to do with how you feel about yourself.
...this is a huge deviation from the main plot. Sorry.

Anyway, Teenagers listening to Searching For Heaven and probably, crying because of it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment