Sunday, November 18, 2012

Golden Autumn





Hideaway,
well they'll seat us in the sun
By the way
Know you've always been the one.

You'll ask your reasons why
what once was yours is mine
My baby's gone.

Ride away,
Gonna take me from my man
By the way
No they'll never understand

We'll have a bit of fun 
Watching everyone pass us by.
You'll ask your reasons why
what once was yours is mine
My baby's gone.


I just love Hideaway, and I don't really know why (maybe for line two) I always think of sunset when I listen to it. So I finally did a drawing that could really go with this song, if only in my mind. 
I feel as if, when you put both things together there's an ancient magic floating in the air, among the leaves that slowly fall to the ground.

It's been a week in which I've seen golden leaves fall as if it was snow every single day. And it was too beautiful. I simply couldn't stop looking. Sometimes, while walking, I stopped under the trees just to capture the moment in my mind. I hope that, as years go by, I'll always remember it.



This is sort of a different thing (not at all, but I tried my best). I had to make an illustration for a school project. So we had to choose one illustrator that we liked and try to reproduce its style. And that's what I did (well, tried).

Among all the amazing people around here and there (now or in the past) I chose Chuck Groenink because I've adored his style for so long and had in mind to try and make something like that, so when I had to do it for school I almost immediately knew who I would choose.

Actually, over the week I went through so many illustrators I love, and the doubt about which one to choose increased each day, so I ended choosing my first thought.

I worked hard on this, trying to reproduce the gouache he uses and things, but it's not that easy, I swear. Anyway, and though it was really tiring, I can say I've learned a lot going through this, and I had lots of fun. I know that this does not really look like one of his paintings, but I love how it turned out to be anyway. I think you can guess I love sunset lightning, especially when it's autumn and it makes it look as if everything was golden..

Here I leave you the complete piece I had to do, I made it as if it was part of a calendar:





No comments:

Post a Comment