Sunday, November 25, 2012

Fled Far Away


..I guess we all want to


And as I looked around, I began to notice
That we were nothing like the rest

Hold your horses now
We sleep until the sun goes down
Through the woods we ran
Deep into the mountain sound


Running under a storm that's approaching with all your friends and feeling nothing can stop you is one of the best feelings ever.

I was just going through Of Monsters and Men songs (as requested by my sister) and I really liked them, all their songs are like a fairytale, or just a simple tale, and they made me dream and remember, and so when Mountain Sound came into shuffle this image came into my mind. The running no matter what and having fun with that.

I think I had forgotten the feeling, well, no, that's false, we never forget anything, it's just that we aren't able to remember. Anyway, mountain sound made me remember the feeling, that feeling when you are a child and you start running with all your strenght not caring about much but the running.

Like that moment in Narnia when Lucy starts dancing with the trees under the moonlight. She doesn't really know what's going on, but she starts moving with the trees, she succumbs to the moment and enjoys each single thing of it. And so this is it.

Do you remember when every little thing was a big brand new adventure? When you could enjoy every little thing no matter how ordinary? Any stone with a weird shape was a magic rune waiting for you to find it. When being under the rain was much more than hiding somewhere trying not to get soaked or weeping out all your feelings. When being under a storm was fun just because you were getting wet and you could run and run and feel as if you where never ever going to stop.

When seeing the sun shining in the rain made you feel as if everything was going to be alright forever and ever. (I couldn't help but thinking about The Secret Garden, but I guess this wonderful book express perfectly what I'm trying to say here).

Hope you all remember of this things, the big adventures you used to dream about, all the wonderful things you imagined or lived, all those tiny perfect childhood adventures. 



A closeup of the girl and the forest critters..



I must say I had lots of fun and trouble drawing/painting this. And I know maybe this critters are not the best you've ever seen, but it's the first time ever I've drawn a deer and painted a fox, so I'm really happy of how they turned out. One more thing I really like about this one is how the clouds turned out, tryied to made a kind of silver lightning and I did not even know where or how, but I did it, somehow.

Anyway, I wanted to make them all happy, running all together and simply having fun with that. And at least I did have fun with it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment