Monday, September 24, 2012

Autumn Sketches




I've been on a kick for autumn recently, and when I googled "Maple Tree" today, I couldn't help but start drawing trees and leaves and autumn stuff with autumn colours and things. And I ended it all drawing this cute girl down here (who I'm certainly sure is enjoying the very first days of autumn! haha)


This is a close up of the girl..



And the lyrics you see there written are for the Jens Lekman's song "Maple Leaves", pretty obvious I guess but I just love it, and everything seems so autumn and I can't wait for leaves to change colour and start falling and for the air to bring those soft senses of wet earth, cold and wood fire.

But also, as I live in Girona, we're having the city's celebration aka "Fires" (I don't really know how to translate that) so there are gonna be lots of millions of good smells in the air: the once I said before plus the smell of roasted chestnuts, sweet potatos, candied almods.. (and I mean it like that 'cause you can find small stalls all over the city center which sell such things).

I just love it, and I love autumn.



(this is smth I did to get a break of smth bigger I'm working on)


No comments:

Post a Comment