Sunday, June 30, 2013

The Hidden Well



If you look closer you might find the path to other worlds, there, through the waters of the old well.

'And there you'll find wondrous new and old sounds. Otherworldly.'

This surely took a lot to post, (I think I've been here for two hours now, and I got it finished Friday, but only decided to post it today, still got it too close to the heart to let it go) but it mostly took long to finish.

I got the idea for this drawing after reading a Mild Slopes post talking about Delia Derbyshire being of the right age and historical moment to find a door/way to Narnia (or other worlds). I must admit I loved the thought, so I sketched it, but then I got attached to the idea, and I started developing it, and that's how, 3 months ago I started the drawing.

The main sketch was just of Delia looking into the well 'cause I thought that would be another wonderful way to get to other worlds. (and also it made me think of the ponds through which Digory and Polly got to them).
When the path would be open, you'd see on the reflection of the calm waters, another sky, other trees, another light.. and that's what would catch your attention to look closer. But if you're not someone who likes exploring, you might never go to that part of the garden, where no one does now, where the old well still stands.
I loved exploring as a child, I have such great memories of it. I found little treasures and I hope you did too. Maybe a door to another world, maybe just something much more little, but yet, priceless for you. (I still love exploring).

Hope you like this one, and I'm sorry it took so long. Exams and work weren't helpful and I wanted to try hard on this one but also I had to deal with some art blocks in the way. Now, after so long, it's done, and I'm kinda worried of letting it go, but it must be done, and as I write this, I'm willing to finally post it.

No comments:

Post a Comment