Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Snowy Day



I keep wishing for one..

Telling you the truth, I don't think I've ever been out there with snow really falling down, not the way it all turns to be white, with the mist, the snow falling and the grown covered in the snow that has been falling down.
Here it's much more of seeing it pretty much like a rain - snowfall. It hardly ever covers the ground, and the few times it has happened there's been trouble. But still I dream of it.

And I know it happens to not fit in this days of hot summer, but maybe for that very same fact, I wanted to draw something cold. But also because I've been watching (and hope I'll be able to read too) North & South. Which translates to really cold days and landscapes, and so much white (I feel in love with all the mills scenes, when cotton looks like snow), so I guess all in all, I couldn't help myself. I really wanted to draw a snowy landscape, cold, and white, really white with the mist and the white sky and ground as well as the snowflakes softly falling down.

Also I did it to practice the mood of a drawing, when colours, siluettes.. well, everyithing! works together to express something.

Hope you like it


No comments:

Post a Comment