Monday, April 30, 2012

Of Winter and Water Birds




..best known as "Restless", is a movie that was on theatres this past Christmas and which I absolutelly loved. 

This drawing is supposed to be of Enoch and Annabel lying on the ground surrounded by a chalk silhouette that they have drawed. I like them so much but also the movie.. they say it's not Gus Van Sant best projects, but anyway.. I liked it.. like a fairytale, like a lovestory based on all those little things no one seems to ever pay attention to, and that I love so much.

"Of Winter and Water Birds" was supposed to be its name before it was thought as a film, but then, they change it. I'd rather they would have kept this large title better than the "Restless" one.. it seems to suit much more better the movie.. it gives relevance to those little things I was telling you about..

I fell by the movie soundtrack too.. you know, all those Sufjan Stevens's songs, but also that ending Nico's song, The Fairest Of The Seasons.. I was tearing apart when that little one showed up.

So this was not meant to be a "movie recommendation" but ended up seeming one. But anyway, if you like little sweet stories, I think you would like this one.

Hope you liked the drawing though it's a very rough one.. (I just posted it cause I liked the feeling.. I felt that if I touched it, it would lose the feeling, so I leave it like that)

Here, I think this song by Sufjan Stevens (yeah, it's in Restless soundtrack) suits the feeling of the drawing.. (maybe 'cos it's what I was listening to when I was drawing it..)


some Restless images too..

I never felt so safe
A line I once told her
Warm resting place
Her arm on my shoulder..


Wolverine is really sweet too, if you wanna give it a listen. It really gets me when the song says "It's not your fault, it's not your fault, it's not your fault..." 


Tona




No comments:

Post a Comment